Top Tips On Staying Safe In Public During The Pandemic
We live in a time where it is imperative to maintain social distancing. Many people are now working from home and limiting the amount of time that they spend in any public place.
However, there would be times when you might need to step out to make individual purchases, etc. At times like these, it is necessary to the safe while you are in public. Here are some tips to follow:
- Always maintain a 6-foot distance from other people outside.
- Refrain from spending time in small rooms or even crowded elevators. Experts say that the virus can stay suspended in the air for several minutes, which means that you might inhale it while you are in these areas if there are other people around you.
- Do not touch your face, nose, eyes, etc. when you are outside. Many people touch doors; door handles as well as railing and products at supermarkets. It also means that the virus could be lingering on these surfaces, and when you touch your face with the same hands, you transfer the virus into your system without realizing it.
- Never step out of your house without a mask, especially if you have a cough or cold. While there is no guarantee that it will provide 100% protection from the virus, it does help to some extent.
- Wash your hands multiple times a day for at least 20 seconds each time. Do the same before stepping out of your house or returning after shopping etc.
- Hand washes are better than hand sanitizers; however, you can carry sanitizer with you when you are going out.
- Never take any risk when you are stepping out of your home into a public place and follow these steps to reduce the chances of getting infected with the virus.
If you want to know more about grief, memorial services, or cremation, don't hesitate to contact us at Charles J. O’Shea Funeral Home. We’ll be happy to answer your questions.