The O’Shea Difference
At O’Shea, we value the relationship we have with the families in our community. We believe so much in our quality of service, that we offer an exclusive Exceptional Family Service Guarantee, setting us apart from other funeral and cremation providers in the area.
1. We guarantee...to respect your budget
At O’Shea, our unique consultative arrangement process begins with you describing your loved one and the type of service you have in mind. Throughout our time together we will review the cost with you at each point in the arrangement process. We do this so that there is no surprise at the end, and you can comfortably make good decisions for your family and your budget.
2. We guarantee…that you will have 24-hour access to our team, 7 days a week
Our team of professionals will help you every step of the way, regardless of the time of day or the day of the week. Regardless of when you call our office, your call will be answered by trained personnel. Outside of our normal office hours we use the support of Answering Service for Directors (ASD). When contacted, ASD immediately contacts our on-call staff, and your call will be returned within minutes.
If your loved one has passed, a member of our team will be immediately dispatched to bring them into our care. For local families, our goal is to have your loved one in our care within 15 minutes of your call.
3. We guarantee you will be given the opportunity for a private goodbye with your loved one
Saying goodbye to your loved one is never easy but is a necessary step in the grieving process. At O’Shea, whenever possible, your family will be given the opportunity for a private farewell in one of our tastefully decorated visitation rooms.
If no services are planned, a private farewell is typically 2 or 3 immediate family members. If a public visitation is planned, the private farewell will be scheduled to precede the public time and is open to the entire family.
4. We guarantee your service will be personalized to celebrate the life of your loved one
Many families find significant comfort in a traditional funeral service complete with a public visitation, church or chapel funeral service, procession to the cemetery and a graveside ceremony. O’Shea has always, and will always, be ready to care for families wanting a traditional service.
We also pride ourselves on being the most flexible, creative and innovative funeral homes on Long Island and beyond. Our staff can help you create a service that reflects and honors the story of a lifetime.
When it comes to creative services our guideline is simple… as long as the idea is safe, legal, ethical and moral we will do everything possible to accommodate your request.
5. We guarantee to be the specialists in honoring veterans and first responders.
At O’Shea, we take great pride in being known as the veteran and first responder memorial specialists in our area. It is an honor to serve those who have served our country and our community, and we do not take this responsibility lightly.
The following is a list of the special things we do to serve veterans and first responders.
- Military or first responder insignias on hearse
- Memorial website obituary with veteran’s theme
- Veterans specialty prayer card and laminated obituary
- Personalized overlay or head panel with branch of service
- Veterans memorial video
- Assistance with full veteran’s support including burial in state or federal veteran cemetery without charge
- Coordination of full military honors at cemetery, church or funeral home
- Flag for casket or urn
- Cherry wood flag case
- Application for cemetery marker if applicable
- Our staff is specially trained to assist the veteran’s family with all benefits due them after the death of a veteran
6. We guarantee that we will strive to be your complete funeral solution.
The loss of a loved one can be an overwhelming time of hectic activity and sadness. The last thing the immediate family needs to be doing is planning for all the things they need, but that most funeral homes do not provide.
At O’Shea, we have intentionally designed our business to be your complete funeral solution. The following are just a few of the ways that have added products and services that families find helpful.
- An in-house florist who can design the perfect flowers for your loved one’s service.
- Limousines so your family can avoid the hassle of driving and parking
- Catering of food and drinks so that you can hold a family meal or after-service reception here at the funeral home.
- A wide variety of monuments
- A complete line of urns including innovative products such as our new biodegradable sea urn.
- Three full time administrative assistants who help families with filing the paperwork for insurance benefits, social security, veteran’s benefits etc.
With a team of 60 people, including 8 Funeral Directors, we have the ability and desire to help you and your family at every step of your memorial experience.
7. We guarantee you will find great value in our service and merchandise
The cost of a funeral service is often important. But the real priority is the value you receive for the money you spend. Regardless of what you spend, if the funeral planning experience does not meet the emotional, spiritual and practical needs of your family...you've spent too much.
Should there ever be a portion of our services that does not meet your expectations simply notify us right away and we will do whatever it takes to correct the shortfall. If we are unable to do so, that portion of our service fee will be promptly refunded.