What To Discuss During the Funeral Arrangement Meeting
Planning a funeral service and making sure that everything progresses in a glitch-free manner isn't an easy task. If you have never handled this in the past, managing the aspect after the death of a loved one can be extremely stressful.
At a time like this, you need to make sure that you have some assistance from an experienced funeral director. When you have the funeral arrangement meeting, there are some basic things that you can discuss with this professional such as:
- Determine whether you want to conduct a burial or a cremation.
- If your loved one had left behind any instructions about how they want a funeral service, make sure you have that discussion with the funeral director.
- If the decedent had pre-planned their funeral, check the plan inclusions, and ensure the arrangements are made accordingly.
- You can have detailed discussions with the funeral director and tell them how you want the funeral to be handled. They will help you with all the details you require, including information about the services, the cost, etc.
- Understanding exactly how much everything would cost is an essential aspect of the funeral arrangement meeting. Funeral homes have specific standard packages that they offer clients. However, all of them also provide customized solutions, which means you can pick and choose which services you want. It also means you would need to know how much each of the services cost. It will give you the right idea about what the overall cost of the funeral service would be.
- Check what the inclusions and exclusions are so that there is no discrepancy as far as cost is concerned, at the end of the funeral service.
At Charles J. O'Shea Funeral Homes, we provide comprehensive funeral services and can help you with all aspects of the process. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.