The Importance Of Personalizing A Funeral or Memorial Service
Conducting a funeral service gives you the chance to memorialize your loved one in a unique way. This is the time when family and friends can express their feelings and the grief they feel. But when you add a personalized touch to it, the service has a much greater impact.
It's likely there have been times when you have attended a memorial or funeral service where you felt that the people paying tribute didn’t really know the decedent very well.
Sometimes the entire event is focused on the religious aspect and there is nothing personal about it. It can be quite unsettling to be part of such a ceremony.
Why Personalization is Important
While many people feel the need to include some essence of religion into the service you can definitely personalize the service. And there are some distinct reasons to do so:
- The focus can be on the decedent and their likes and how they lived their life.
- It can also be a celebration of their life where you share stories about the person.
- When you organize a more personalized funeral or memorial service, it helps you and the rest of the family cope with their grief in a better way.
- When you focus on personalization, you will find that the service has more meaning as it becomes a much better way to express feelings.
- Creating a warm atmosphere also helps bring back fond memories of that person.
You can personalize the service by displaying photos or even playing the person’s favorite music. In fact, you should encourage family and friends that are attending the service to contribute their ideas and add a special touch to the service as well.
At Charles J. O'Shea Funeral Homes, we provide comprehensive funeral services and can help you with all aspects of the process so if you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.