5 Common Misconceptions About Pre-Planning Your Funeral
Pre-planning your funeral in advance is becoming more popular as people are getting organized and seeing their preferences met before they pass. Pre-planning can give your friends and family peace of mind and avoid them having to make difficult decisions after you’ve passed so they can focus on the grieving process, giving them emotional and financial security.
However, there are plenty of myths about advanced funeral planning and we are going to address a few:
- It’s for people who can’t afford a funeral – Regardless of your financial standing, pre-planning a funeral can help you get good deals with today’s market (prices on certain merchandise could rise) and saves on spending for things you don’t want.
- Death is too far away – Even young and healthy individuals pre-plan. Death is imminent for everyone so having your wishes made clear and feeling more comfortable discussing it makes, making plans easier, reducing fear and sadness when it comes nearer to the time.
- It doesn’t matter, I’ll be gone – It may not matter to you, but to your loved ones it can make all the difference. Without pre-planning, they can be more stressed and overwhelmed at an awful time, while trying to give you the send-off you deserve!
- We know whether it’s a cremation or burial already – This is an excellent first step but contrary to popular belief, there is more to a funeral than just that decision! There is a lot more that needs to be considered.
- We have a burial plot already – That covers the final resting place however a funeral involves the celebration and arrangements for the service, which burial plot arrangements don’t cover.
There is no better time to pre-plan your funeral than today to get a head start and give your loved one’s comfort! Visit our website for more information and feel free to call our staff with any questions you may have about pre-planning your funeral