The Importance of Writing a Eulogy
Eulogy is considered a prime component of the memorial service since it is an opportunity for you to pay tribute and honour your loved one. Traditionally, eulogy is a gift to the deceased wherein you will be creating a goodbye speech which expresses your thought and feelings about the departed. It is an ideal way to recognise the life they lived by allowing your emotions to flow to celebrate and reflect on their memories. Creating a eulogy with the right amount of clarity can be overwhelming when you are grieving. But Charles J. O’Shea Funeral Homes advised that it is essential for you to collect and organise your thoughts to pay tribute to the deceased.
Common Topics When Writing the Last Words for the Departed
• Anecdote - You may start by telling an interesting story of a certain incident that occurred. Incorporating this in your eulogy can light up the mood of the audience by adding a tinge of humour that will be considerate to the deceased and the family.
• Memories - while writing your gift to the deceased, you may relay unforgettable memories that you had with that person. It can be a situation that you cannot forget, words of wisdom that helped you with your life or the strong impact they have in your life.
• Stories - Find some distinct example of the situation that you are telling. A comprehensive story can instantly add smiles to the people and create an element of love and personality.
• Achievements -You may include the different fulfilments that they had.
• Profession - Tell them about their job and how were they in their professions. Talk about the passion they have with their job.
• History - Take the audience inside the life of the departed. In your last words, tell them about the history of their life. What makes them unique as a person?
When the family asked you to write a eulogy, understand that you were given a special task during the memorial service. You are not only sharing the topics we mentioned above, but you are recognising their life and their value as a person. Sharing your last words to the departed is an opportunity to bring those grieving people together and recollect and listen to the good memories and stories. It will allow them to reflect on their personal lives and the impact of the deceased loved one on their lives.
When all is said and done, make sure to provide a gift to the deceased that will resonate with the people. The eulogy is indeed the best gift to the deceased. In case you need funeral guidance while you are writing the eulogy, make sure to visit the official webpage of Charles J. O’Shea Funeral Homes. You may also contact us for any of your funeral services needs.